We’ve started to have lots of zucchini in our garden, and one of the ways I love to use some of it up is with baked goods! Chris and I had some bananas that were starting to get older, so I went on the hunt for a recipe with both zucchini and bananas.
I found an awesome recipe from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen, and loved how the bread turned out! It made for the perfect healthy dessert!
Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
Recipe adapted from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately two medium zucchinis, patted dry)
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (approximately two medium bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, vanilla and both sugars. Stir in eggs, bananas and shredded zucchini. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean with a few moist crumbs sticking to the toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Slice and serve. Store covered at room temperature.