I haven’t been very active with posting blog updates, and I apologize! We’ve been extremely busy with our new baby girl, Alexis! Nothing prepared me for how it would feel to become a mom. It is seriously the best, and no words can describe the love I already have for my daughter.
As part of my birthday gift, my aunt gave me the meal plan from the ladies of Our Best Bites, which you can find here. The meals we’ve made so far have been DELICIOUS, and so simple for those busy summer nights! They even give you a shopping list for each week, which is awesome!
We’ve made this recipe twice already, and I’m planning to make it even more. Even thinking about this pizza makes my mouth water!
Thai Chicken Pizza
A flavorful peanut sauce and tangy quick-pickled veggies make this easy-to-make pizza burst with flavor.
- 1 package of 2 large naan (We made ours from scratch!)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the carrot and onion in a small bowl and toss with rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Place 2 naan on a work surface. In a small heat-proof bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30-60 seconds until bubbly. Add lime juice and whisk until smooth. Spread sauce evenly on the naan, reserving a small amount for drizzling on top, if desired. *We added sesame oil to the naan before adding the peanut sauce, as the sauce was a little bit tricky to spread evenly.
- Cooking method options: place in a large skillet on medium heat and cover with lid or foil; place on bottom rack in pre-heated 400 degree oven until cheese is melted; place over indirect heat on grill or smoker and close lid.
- Remove from heat and top with the carrot and onion and sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, drizzle with a little extra sauce and Sriracha for heat.
For our pizza, we used our Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set on the grill, and it was cooked perfectly!