Are any of you familiar with the Yummly app?
My sister, Cassidy, recently told me about it, and it is amazing! It is basically a Pinterest catered directly to recipes organized by category and taste preferences, which you set up when signing in for the first time. The best part is that it’s free!
I had some ground beef in my refrigerator and wanted to use it up, but wanted to try something a little different that spaghetti or tacos. I typed in ground beef and Yummly pulled up thousands of recipes to choose from!
I picked a recipe for a dish I had never made before, bulgogi, but had always been interested in trying.
We made a couple of adjustments to the original recipe, adding shredded cabbage and carrot, which made it extra delicious, plus made it a little bit healthier.
I served the bulgogi with basmati rice. This is my favorite brand I’ve found so far!
We LOVED this recipe. It was so delicious!
Ground Beef Bulgogi
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Shredded cabbage, as desired (optional)
- Shredded carrot, as desired (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into large skillet. Cook and stir on medium-high heat until meat is browned.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through, stirring frequently.
3. Serve over rice or lettuce leaves.