My parents gave Chris a food dehydrator for Christmas, and we have been using it a ton! With the dehydrator itself, my mom ordered extra trays, mesh screens for veggies and fruits, along with fruit roll sheets. We haven’t branched out with fruits or veggies yet, but we HAVE been making jerky. And lots of it!
Chris has perfected the marinade for the jerky. It is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy with both barbecue and teriyaki sauce. I’ve been snacking on it pretty much nonstop, and just can’t get enough of it!
Barbecue Teriyaki Jerky
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Dale’s steak seasoning
- Optional: 1/8 to 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add your meat and stir to coat. If you’re not sure what cut of meat to use, this article helped us! Our favorite cut to use is London Broil.
- Let marinade for 2 – 24 hours.
- Add to dehydrator and start!
Depending on how we cut our meat, our jerky has taken anywhere from 4 hours to about 8 hours.
This jerky is my favorite healthy, protein-rich snack!