Thanksgiving is tomorrow!! I can’t believe it! We’ve been put in charge of a handful of dishes this year, and one at the request of both my grandma, who’s hosting, and my dad.
To save time tomorrow and keep my anxiety levels in check, I decided to make a couple of the dishes tonight, instead of having to wake up crazy early to get started.
We chose to make our two dessert dishes tonight, and save our other two side dishes for tomorrow.
One of the desserts, a pumpkin crumble cake, was a huge hit with my family. I found this recipe on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it a try. Both my grandma and my dad must have really liked it, because both of them asked us to bring it to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!
This recipe has the best consistency: pumpkin pie on the bottom, and a cobbler/cake top! It is so delicious, and such a fun twist on traditional pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin Crumble Cake
Recipe from Youtube.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, vegetable oil, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, and pumpkin.
- Pour mixture into a baking dishand set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, flour, and melted butter. Place on top of the pumpkin mixture in the baking dish, making sure to spread evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.