This post contains affiliate links, which means that each click and purchase gives a small portion of the proceeds to me.
Please Note: This costs you nothing extra, and helps me be able to continue my many craft and sewing projects, along with our home improvement projects!
This week has seemed to last forever, hasn’t it? I know that it’s already halfway through the week and the weekend is closer than ever, but my week has been a wild one!
I couldn’t quite put my finger on why it seemed so long earlier, and then it came to me.
It’s a teacher’s worst nightmare and pretty much the absolute worst. The kids are super wound up this time of year anyway, and being cooped up all day doesn’t help at all!
I’m crossing my fingers that this awful weather is short-lived and we get to see the sunshine here soon! I have a serious case of spring fever and am ready to get outside!
We’ve been getting ready for our massive fence project once the rain and snow let up in the next week or so. We have 18 four-by-four posts and ten bags of cement so far, which gives us enough materials to get the back fence completely done!
I’ll keep you posted on our fence project, and you can look for a blog post about it soon!
On Wednesdays, I head over to my grandma’s house for dinner and sewing night with my friend, Sarina. It’s become a weekly tradition for us, and I love it! It’s really nice to be able to spend time with them and work on projects together.
This week, it was my turn to bring dinner. I wanted to make something that was quick and simple, yet still delicious. The most wonderful thing about this recipe is that you just throw it all in the pot and it turns into a fantastic meal!
I was lucky enough to find just the recipe on The Slow Roasted Italian. If you’ve never checked out their website, you’re missing out! They have the BEST recipes! And their food photography is too die for!!
Check out their new cookbook here!
One-Pot Parmesan Italian Chicken Pasta
Recipe adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian.
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound dry linguine or fettuccine
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Combine 1/2 of the spinach with the tomatoes, onion, chicken, garlic, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Pour chicken stock and lemon juice over top. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook 7-9 minutes until pasta is al dente (with a bite to it). Toss pasta with tongs occasionally to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You will still have some liquid in the pot when the pasta is done cooking. This is going to make the base for the delicious cheese sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta. Toss pasta with tongs until the cheese melts. Add remaining spinach. Serve and enjoy!