Too often, I find myself really struggling to stay motivated during the winter. It’s dark by the time I get home from work, the temperature is dipping around the negatives, and all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a good book or a TV show.
Read on for some ways to combat the “winter blues” and get moving this snowy season!
What you can do:
- Try not to keep your house too warm. I’ve found that this makes me feel more sleepy and less likely to get things done.
- Try not to change out of your work clothes and right into sweats. I feel waayyy too comfortable, which leads to laziness.
- Write down a list of what you want/need to get done for the day. I know many of you aren’t too keen on to-do lists, but they really help you prioritize your evenings and help you be more productive!
- Save activities like watching something on Netflix or reading a book for last. We all know that one more show becomes ten, and one more chapter becomes the end of the book.
- I know that comfort foods are THE BEST this time of year, but try to eat fruits and veggies every day. You’ll feel better, I promise!
- Don’t plop down on the couch right when you get home from work. You’ll instantly become less likely to stay motivated.
- Get outside! Whether it’s walking your dog around the park, going skiing, or having a snowball fight, your body needs the fresh air and the vitamin D. And this winter season, you need all the sunshine you can get!!
I hope some of these tips can help you feel better this winter, and prevent you from staying inside and on the couch all day long!