Who loves to read? If you’re a voracious reader like me, you may find yourself in the same situation that I frequently find myself in. I tend to gravitate towards authors I know that I like, genres I know that I’m into, or re-reading books that I loved.
Sometimes, I find myself stuck in a reading “rut” and don’t know what to read next. I figured this challenge would make it easier for myself and others!
With the new year just around the corner, I wanted to pose a reading challenge for both myself and my readers.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite reading challenges I’ve found on the internet, and am aiming to complete the entire list throughout 2017.
Sidenote: These books CANNOT be books that I have read before 2017.
Are YOU ready to take on the challenge?
2017 Reading Challenge
- A book with more than 500 pages
- A classic romance
- A book that became a movie
- A book published this year
- A Pulitzer Prize winner
- A nonfiction book
- A mystery or thriller
- A book from your childhood
- A book you own, but have never read
- A book a friend recommended
- A book set in your home state
- A book that is over 100 years old
- A memoir
- A banned book
- A book that came out the year you were born
- A YA bestseller
- A romance
- A political memoir
- A book written by a celebrity
- A science-fiction novel
- A book with a protagonist that has your occupation
- A poetry book
- A book about an unfamiliar culture
- An autobiography
- A self-improvement book
- A New York Times bestseller
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book recommended by a family member
- The first book you see in a bookstore
- A book from Oprah’s Book Club
Let me know what books you’re reading in the comments below! I’ll keep you updated as well!