This is one of my favorite recipes, one I come back to time and time again when I’m in the mood for Indian food – which is always!
Chicken Tikka Masala
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
This dish is absolutely delicious! I serve it with basmati rice, as it really brings out the flavor of the tikka masala. If you like Indian food, you’ll LOVE this! It is a bit spicy with the jalapeno (depending on how spicy it is) and the cayenne pepper. If you want to cut down on or eliminate the cayenne pepper, this would be a more mild dish.
I hope you enjoy!